I disagree

I disagree about possible prices on festival tickets, if the economy tanks. If this pandemic gets any worse and further damages the economy, events like the ones I look for are not going to charge the kind of money they have in the past. Take airline tickets for example. I used to pay $300-$400 to fly from my destination on the east coast out to L.A. and back. After I read some of the comments on the board, I did some research. Those same tickets are HALF that price now. That's for several reasons, but the flights are not being filled. So you can say that they're limited in availability, but they are still cheaper than I've seen in more than 20 years. A lot of people have lost their jobs and will not get them back. The age group I like to attend concerts with are having a devil of a time finding jobs in their fields. And the economy is getting ready to really get hit. If they (concert promoters) want to make any money at all they are going to have to find a way to reduce the average price of a ticket. Things are not going to be as they were. Just like the housing market- it's gonna take some time to get back to normal.

[ back to the menu ]