Really Got Me Thinkin'......

This situation has no real end in sight, in my opinion...and I say so on the basis that we have to factor in the recurring reference to the 'second wave', that has been prevalent throughout global media. With that taken into consideration, by the time things appear to become established in the 'new normal' phase, the regular flu season will be back upon us, which will only provide a practically inevitable re-entry point for this 'second wave.' I highly doubt that those in power will ever consider the virus as completely eradicated altogether within their countries...so on that basis...I fail to see how anything can ever return to a pre-COVID state, in the absence of mandatory vaccinations, at the very least. Thankfully, I exercised enough discipline to minimize my involvement in this game to the point where I cam miss events without skipping a beat..as well as simply being cool with chance encounters...as, like the other seasoned vets, I have put plenty of work in, more than enough to a point where I am truly content with my experiences. In fact, from a seasoned vet to a new dude that just got a few experiences in..and all that fall in between on that spectrum...we should really count ourselves lucky that we even got some play time in that space...as the more emphasis that is placed on this whole social distancing thing, the more it is looking highly unlikely that crowd settings will return anytime soon. If there are mandates of no more than 10 people forming a group in some locations, there may be, as a result, a desperate chikan (or chikans) out there that will attempt to go for broke with no coverage in situations like that...but please believe, I sure as hell won't be one of them...as the thirst will not drive me to that type of reckless edge. Keep the mental strength intact, brethren...maybe even utilize the time to get into other ventures, in an effort to take the 'edge off.' Might not be so easy at first...but when faced with a situation like this that dictates a timeframe that is beyond your control, the option of attempting to do so can't hurt either way....

[ back to the menu ]