The Pause...

Been way more than a hot minute since I have rolled through here...but under the current circumstances...seemed only apt to do so. Good to see Shogun still in effect; scrolled through and even saw another vet from way back, Max Mond, contributing too.

The days of festivals, parades, concerts, with thousands packed together...don't hold your breath, as I doubt that will return anytime soon, as there is talk of the possibility of this social distancing thing lasting until 2022...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-social-distancing-2022-lockdown-update-a9466036.html

The article states that could happen UNLESS a vaccine or some form of treatment is in place...but we already know that either will receive all levels of red tape obstruction, before becoming readily available to the public, in terms of the same level of accessibility as a flu jab, that is. There may be exceptions in certain parts of the globe...but within the US and Europe...I think that our game will be a wrap, at least for the foreseeable future. I have tickets for Benicàssim in Spain this year..one of the few European events that are not cancelled thus far...but even so, with the headlock that COVID has Spain in right now, that shit is likely to be seriously constrained, anyway...coupled with a likely drop in numbers, even if it does go ahead..without failing to mention how that, as well as any, event will be used as an excuse to reintroduce and/or lengthen the lockdowns...due to the ambiguity of the disease being contracted within a crowd environment etc etc. Once I saw a major global event like the Olympics, as ell as Glastonbury getting postponed until next year, I threw 2020 to the lions, to be honest. I co-sign what Shogun is saying....2021, at the very least, is the way forward right now....

[ back to the menu ]