frottophilia pics and movies

News & Views From Coachella 2018 - Part III (news)

A few months ago, I was led down the proverbial rat trap of internet article clickbait. I don't recall what the original article was about. But after about 6 or 7 clicks, I was led to a New York Times article from 2013 that discussed the 'hook-up' culture.

NYT is generally considered a reputable news source with some level of journalistic integrity.

The following were some of the quotes contained in this article:

"....researchers say that young women are becoming equal partners in the hookup culture, often just as willing as young men to venture into sexual relationships without emotional ties."

"Dr D.H., a research scientist at Indiana University, said that for women, casual sex is exciting precisely because it is spontaneous."

"C.R., a 22-year-old Bard College graduate living in Nashville, Tenn., said that more than sex, hookups are often much more about two people giving each other the sense of intimacy, however brief, they need to get through the week."

To be precise, the context of these quotes was in relation to encounters of intercourse. However, the closing quote of the article was for me the most interesting, with connotations akin to some of the "casual, consensual" encounters we sometimes happily receive:

"For K.H., a 29-year-old filmmaker, sex without the burden of commitment was a conscious decision. After a couple of relationships in college, she spent about five years without a serious boyfriend and many on-again, off-again flings.
The physical aspect of a tryst with a relative stranger was gratifying, she said, and she took pride in her own sexual prowess.

(!!!)“To sort of know yourself to be sort of skilled in a way or to be able to see someone else’s pleasure that was your own doing, I think there’s definitely something very empowering about that,” she said.(!!!)

Sounds like the definition of one of those 'playas' we have raved about one time or another. Yet, sadly, the other side of the coin that will not have voice in the current social upheaval that's gained currency by demonizing men.

+++Okay, RANT OFF+++

[ back to the menu ]